The aim of this program is to help new faculty members purchase supplies, research-related items, and travel to conferences or workshops with a one-time, $5,000 supplies, expenses, equipment, and travel (SEET) grant.
Tenure-track faculty in their first year of employment with Ball State University who have not received significant research-related or creative endeavor start-up funds from their department or college are eligible for Alpha Support. Faculty members receiving start-up funds greater than $5,000 and/or dedicated summer stipend from the department for research or creative endeavors are not eligible for this program.
To apply for this grant, faculty members (tenure-track only) in their first year must apply through our online portal. Recipients must also provide a final report.
The deadline for this program is September 20.
Read the Guidelines
Congratulations to the following recipients of this grant for the 2022-2023 Academic Year:
- Brittany Acquaviva (CSH) - Sexual violence pre-help-seeking decision-making
- Andrew Gray (CSH) - Police Violence at the Intersections: Race, Gender, and the Media Coverage of Lethal Force Incidents
- Youn Hong (TC) - Challenging the Deficit Discourse: "Elementary Teachers Don't Understand Math"
- Tong Li (CCIM) - A Magic-based Method to Facilitate Design Flexibility and Teach Design Principles
- Jenna Menke (CSH) - The impact of video analysis of non-mathematics classrooms on the noticing of mathematics preservice teachers
- Marliese Peltier (TC) - Supporting Teacher Candidates to Make Informed Decisions About Curricular Materials
- Sehyun Yun (TC) - Cultivating Culturally Linguistically Sustaining Teaching in Elementary Teacher Candidates in Diverse Schools
For questions regarding the Aspire program, please contact the program’s manager or email us.