The Annual Student Scholarship Talent Search, which began in 1967, is a fabulous opportunity to showcase some of Ball State’s finest talent for the University and community.
- Date: Tuesday, October 15
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Emens Auditorium
Admission is free thanks to the Ball State University Alumni Association, Office of Student Life, and the Student Government Association.
2019 Talent Search Finalists
- Eliah Johnson
- Madeline Kerr
- Erin Jones
- Richaun Stewart
- Brayden Schilling
- Thomas Whitcomb
- Alissa Yenglin
- Elise McQueen, Grace LaVier, Eric Hinojosa, Denver Hammons, and Meghan Barber (BSU Jump Rope)
- Micheal Corey Hassel, Dash Perry, Zariya Butler, Molly O’Conner, Nike Tillman, Kye Wilson, Lauren Robinson, and Teah Mirabelli
- Sarah Schaetzel, Samantha Ragusin, and Madison Relue
- Kelsey Dunn, Jenna MacNulty, and Teah Mirabelli
- Shelby Brown and Ingrid Schwartz
- Emma Andersen
- Patrick Turner and Luke Guise
- Josh Rush
- MSO BSU Woodwind Quintet
- Jake Miller
- Haley Stroup and Sarah Schmidt
- Gabriella Guerrero
- Alexandra Grace Chopson
Each category winner will receive a $500 scholarship. The overall winner will receive an additional $500 scholarship. Scholarships will be applied to Spring 2020 semester tuition. All scholarship awards are provided by the Ball State University Alumni Association.
Download Entry Form (PDF)
|September 26 ||
Entry forms due by 4 p.m. at the Alumni Association/Homecoming Office.
Sign up for an audition time. Get your forms in early to ensure a time slot.
|September 30–October 1 ||
Auditions, 5:30–8 p.m., Alumni Center Assembly Hall
Mandatory Talent Search finalists meeting, 5 p.m., Alumni Center Conference Room #1
Tech Rehearsal, 4 p.m., Emens Auditorium
Talent Search; Arrive by 6:15 p.m., show at 7:30 p.m., Emens Auditorium
Rules and Regulations
- Participants may compete only once in each category.
- Each group entry is limited to 10 participants.
- The previous year’s overall winner may not compete.
- There is no entry fee.
- Each performance must be 2 to 4 minutes in length (deductions will be made for performances outside of this range).
This event would not be a success without the participation of our talented Ball State students and funding from the Ball State University Alumni Association, Office of Student Life, and the Student Government Association. Thank you!
For additional information, contact the Homecoming Office, (765) 285-1083 or via email.