The Homecoming Parade has been one of Ball State's greatest traditions since it began in 1939. University organizations and Muncie community businesses and groups enter floats, cars, bands, and even horses to show off their Cardinal Pride!
2023 Parade Winners
- Band: Muncie Central High School
- Car/Walking: Caribbean Student Association
- Float: University Singers
- Dance/Cheer: Dazzle
Thank you to all who participated in the 2023 Homecoming Parade. We can't wait for next year!
Information for Entries
- The parade takes place on Saturday, October 21 at 9 a.m. Lineup begins at 8 a.m. at Muncie Central High School. The lineup will take place in the NORTH parking lot beginning in 2023. Accepted entries must enter at the stop light on Walnut Street and arrange to be dropped off at the parade site or ride on the float/vehicle that is being used in the parade. There will be no additional space for parking vehicles not used in the parade.
- All entries must decorate to reflect the theme (Benny is Calling).
- There will be volunteers on site to direct the entrance into the lot and to your designated spaces. It is the responsibility of the participating organization to remove its entry from the parade route and campus immediately following the parade.
The cost to enter a float in the parade is $100 for community entries and $50 for campus entries.
All campus floats must get a police escort to the lineup site. For an escort, contact the University Police Department at 765-285-1111.
- Float size: Maximum measurements for floats are: 14 feet high (from the ground), 11 feet wide, and 22 feet long. Jeeps, flatbed trucks, pick-ups, etc. may be used for floats. A standard hay wagon or farm wagon may also be used at the base (a standard hay wagon consists of a frame and four wheels). The height restriction of 14 feet has been adopted for your protection so that the float will clear all the wires and trees along the parade route. All floats must adhere to these limitations and be capable of negotiating corners on the route.
- Bus entries and/or vehicles larger than a standard car or truck should sign up in the float category to ensure enough space at the lineup site.
Cars and Walking
The cost to enter a car/walking unit in the parade is $100 for community entries and $50 for campus entries. Only one vehicle is permitted in this category. If you have more than one vehicle in your unit or require extra space, please sign up as a separate car/walking application and ask to be placed together in the lineup.
For additional information, contact the Homecoming Office at 765-285-1408 or via email.