(Front row, from left) Jim Williams, attorney, DeFur Voran; Brittany Bales, instructor of special education, Ball State; Jim Lowe, associate vice president for facilities planning and management, Ball State; Dave Heeter, CEO, MutualBank; (back row) Keith O’Neal, lead pastor, Destiny Christian Center; Mark Ervin, attorney, Beasley & Gilkison LLP; WaTasha Barnes Griffin, executive director, YWCA of Muncie
A seven-member board of trustees governs Muncie Community Schools (MCS). With dedication and care, they guide MCS to create a national model for cradle-to-career and community-based public education. Focusing on MCS’s vision of “Placing Learners First,” the board closely collaborates with Ball State University, Muncie leaders, MCS families, and community-based foundations and businesses to guide the school system to prepare all learners, regardless of background or circumstance, to succeed in college, career, and life.
The Ball State Board of Trustees appoints five MCS board members recommended by President Geoffrey S. Mearns. President Mearns appoints the final two members to the MCS board based on recommendations from the Mayor of Muncie and the Muncie City Council.
- James Williams, Board President | Attorney, DeFur Voran | 7/1/18-7/1/22, 7/1/22-7/1/26 | View Email
- Keith O’Neal, Board Vice President | Lead Pastor, Destiny Christian Center | 7/1/18-7/1/22, 7/1/22-7/1/26 | View Email
- Dave Heeter, Board Secretary | CEO, MutualBank | 7/1/18 - 7/1/25 | View Email
- Brittany Bales | Instructor of Special Education, Ball State | 7/1/18 - 7/1/22, 7/1/22-7/1/26 | View Email
- WaTasha Barnes Griffin | Executive Director, YWCA of Muncie | 7/1/18 - 7/1/22, 7/1/22-7/1/26 | View Email
- Mark Ervin | Attorney, Beasley & Gilkison LLP | 7/1/18 - 7/1/24 | View Email
- Jim Lowe | Associate Vice President for Facilities Planning and Management, Ball State | 7/1/18 - 7/1/23 | View Email