Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (TESS) is a transfer credit equivalency and degree audit tool that provides you with an unofficial view of how your credits earned at other institutions will articulate to your chosen degree at Ball State. Using TESS is a great way to visualize your progress so far and understand what lies ahead.
Use the TESS Tool
When using the TESS tool, please keep in mind the following considerations:
- Students transferring credit must still comply with Ball State academic policies including any requirements not included in the unofficial degree audit.
- Ball State is not responsible for errors or omissions contained in the unofficial transfer evaluation or degree audit.
- Equivalency of a course does not guarantee that the course will apply as credit to your intended major.
- Majors in the College of Fine Arts and the R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning have applications into their programs at the time of application.
- Majors in the College of Fine Arts may not reflect transferability of major related courses well in this tool.
- Ivy Tech Community College students and Vincennes students finishing an associate degree in a Transfer as a Junior Program should use the Transfer Single Articulation Pathways (TSAP) tool to see your transferability situation.
- Course transferability is based on historical data of courses that have transferred from institutions to Ball State in the past.
- If a course has an articulated course number of 990 on the degree audit, there is not a course at Ball State that is equivalent to that course. Therefore, this course will transfer as elective credit(s).
- If you are unable to find a course in your search, it means the course has never been transferred to Ball State before. Therefore, the course will need evaluated by Ball State to determine its transferability.
Connect With Us
Our staff is happy to meet you in person or virtually to help you understand your credit transferability. Register for one of our upcoming information sessions, schedule a one-on-one virtual appointment with a Transfer Center specialist, or email us for assistance.
Need a plan of action to guide your transfer?
Our Transfer Flight Path program puts you in contact with our staff to develop a long-term plan for transferring to Ball State from your current college or university.
Learn about our Transfer Flight Paths