Transfer Flight Paths are an opportunity for you to begin your journey at another institution towards a bachelor degree. You have several options and will work with the Transfer Center staff as we support your progress toward your academic goals.
Complete Two Semesters
- Complete 24 credit hours with a C or better and at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Students who choose this path have the opportunity to do a reverse transfer for an associate degree by completing at least 36 additional credit hours at Ball State University.
Complete the Indiana State Transfer General Education Core (STGEC)
- Complete the 30 credit hour Indiana STGEC with a 2.0 or greater GPA. Learn more about the STGEC.
- Students who choose this path have the opportunity to do a reverse transfer for an associate degree after completing at least 30 additional credit hours at Ball State University.
- By completing this flight path with a 3.5 GPA or higher and enrolling in on-campus classes as a full-time, degree-seeking, first time student to Ball State, you become eligible for the Ball State Transfer Scholarship ($1,000 for 3 years). This excludes Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship recipients.
Complete an Associate Degree
- Complete an associate degree (Indiana students: check out Transfer Single Articulation Pathways or Transfer as a Junior degree program).
- If you are and Indiana resident and a Phi Theta Kappa member, have a 3.5 GPA, are enrolled in on-campus classes as a full-time degree seeking, and are a first time student at Ball State for the first fall or spring semester following completion of the associate’s degree, you are eligible for the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship ($4,500 per year for 2 years).
- If you attend an accredited out-of-state community or junior college and will complete an associate in arts or associate in science degree with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA), you may be eligible for an Academic Distinction Scholarship.
Start Your Flight Path