CardCat (our online catalog of print, media, local holdings and electronic book/journal subscriptions) has merged with OneSearch (a vast collection of materials that already encompasses CardCat offerings, plus full-text articles and citations from databases and online collections).
The link for OneSearch/CardCat is http://bsu.summon.serialssolutions.com/.
Anticipated dates for changes related to this project:
- May 9 – User-initiated renewals will be turned off in CardCat; holds will still be available.
- May 14 (1st Summer Session begins) - Course Reserves will be available in CardCat
- June 8 [estimated] - OneSearch/CardCat becomes available for access to the physical and electronic collections
- June 18 (2nd Summer session) - 2nd Summer Session Course Reserves will be available in OneSearch/CardCat; Full Summer Session (8-week) course reserves will be migrated to OneSearch and faculty individually notified.
- June 27 - CardCat is retired
The enhanced version of OneSearch will be available on June 8 and will retain the functionality of CardCat while offering much more, including the following user services:
- Limit searches to only locally held material
- View "My Library Account" to see checkouts and renew materials online
- Access course reserves
- Place hold requests on materials and pick them up at the library of your choice
- Book a video for pickup at a specific time
- Retrieve full-text articles online
- Follow citations to connect to Interlibrary Loan and get materials delivered to you from thousands of libraries worldwide
If you have questions, please contact Suzanne Rice, Assistant Dean for Public Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-285-1307.