Students involved in early clinical experiences throughout an initial teaching licensing program (Decision Point 1 through Decision Point 3), must have:
- completed a video training titled "Protecting Children from Sexual Misconduct" before field placement requests will be processed
- a current expanded national criminal background check completed prior to entering a school for a field experience
We have partnered with CastleBranch to provide this check. Please click the link below to access the background check website and follow the directions.
Order Your Criminal Background Check
Please note that this policy does not apply to student teachers, since student teachers follow the school corporation employee criminal background check procedures.
About the Background Checks
The expanded national background check includes the following:
- search on county criminal records
- resident history
- social security number alert search
- search within the national record indicator
- check on the national sexual offender registry
Please note there is only one check associated with this process. The additional Indiana Expanded Child Protective Index Check (ECPI) is no longer required
When navigating to the video training website, you will need to scroll down until you see “Additional Tools.” Once there click on the link titled “Edu Risk Training-Students” and follow the directions.