Flight Path to Teaching Adventure is a FREE summer workshop experience for rising high school juniors and seniors interested in exploring college and a career in teaching.
Rising Seniors: June 9-14, 2024
Rising Juniors: June 16-18, 2024
Gain valuable experience and build leadership skills while spending a week living in a residence hall on the beautiful Ball State University campus. Participate in campus activities, eat in the dining halls, and serve as a junior counselor at Summer Learning Fun at Camp Adventure.
Camp Adventure is a collaboration with Muncie public and charter schools and K-5 children and their families. You will work with camp counselors providing real-world experiences while implementing a science, reading, and math-based curriculum tailored to combat Summer learning loss.
Experience campus life in a Living-Learning Community for teaching majors. Learn from Ball State elementary education candidates and mentor K–5 children while they experience not only academics but fun activities like fishing, archery, wagon rides, nature hikes, and more!
Examples of Evening Activities Include:
- Hand-thrown pottery painting at a campus maker space with Made in Muncie
- Participate in a virtual workshop, the Flying Classroom, and learn how to teach a STEM lesson
- Visit the Minnetrista Cultural Center, explore the Bob Ross Experience, and join a painting workshop with a certified Bob Ross instructor
- Listen to a virtual talk from Captain Barrington Irving, a Guinness World Record-setting pilot, as part of the Flying Classroom
- Enjoy a taco food truck with your family at Camp Adventure.
Questions? Contact Dr. Katie Crews.
This program is funded by the Indiana Youth Programs on Campus (IYPC) initiative through the Lilly Endowment. Learn more.