Elizabeth Spencer, professor emeritus of special education, was chairperson of the Department of Special Education for many years. She helped to establish and grow our departmental programs early on.
Two awards of approximately $300.
- Achieve sophomore, junior, or senior status by fall semester.
- Exhibit outstanding academic achievement.
- Be a full-time student both fall and spring semesters.
- Major in mild or severe disabilities.
- Have been admitted to the teaching curriculum.
- Express a financial need.
How to Apply
Paper applications are available in early spring outside the Department of Special Education office on the seventh floor of Teachers College. You can apply for as many scholarships as you wish, but only one scholarship is awarded to any individual student.
Scholarships are awarded at the annual awards banquet, usually held in mid-April.