Are you interested in our Master's Degree in Speech Pathology program? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, deadlines, and instructions below to prepare for your application.
Application Deadline and Fees
Your application and materials are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on the following dates:
- To start classes in Spring 2023 – November 1, 2022
- Confirmation Deadline: January 6, 2023
- To start classes in Summer 2023 – February 1, 2023
- Confirmation Deadline: April 15, 2023
- To start classes in Fall 2023 – January 1, 2023.
- After January 1st, please contact the department regarding program availability prior to beginning your application. Applicants who are offered admission must accept by April 15th.
International applicants must adhere to the requirements and deadlines outlined by International Admissions.
Applications are $60 per program. You can pay your application fee (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank. (Note: electronic checks must be cleared prior to your application being complete. This process may take up to 10 days.)
Application Fee Waivers
Your application fee may be waived if you meet one of the criteria outlined below.
Do not pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar;
- Ball State student currently enrolled in classes or alumni;
- current Ball State employee (full-time and benefits-eligible);
- veteran or active-duty military;
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution;
- prospective student who attended a Ball State graduate program information session.
If you are in one of the categories above, make sure to select the fee waiver option when completing your online application. When selecting "I attended an informational session" option in the fee waiver section of the application, please provide the information session title and date you attended.
Before You Apply: Recommended Next Steps
Before you begin your application, we recommend you learn more about Ball State, review our admission process and requirements, and gather your required materials.
Step 1: Get to Know Ball State
Learn about Ball State, our Graduate School, and your program of interest.
Step 2: Review Our Admission Process
Some admission requirements differ between types of applicants. Be sure to follow the process that aligns with your current situation.
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a Permanent Resident of the U.S., refugee, asylee, DACA, or undocumented status holder, follow the admission requirements for domestic applicants
. If you have a pending U.S. Permanent Resident application, you must apply as an international applicant
If you were previously enrolled at Ball State but have not taken classes for more than a year—or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes—you need to select the “Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in your application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program;
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled; OR
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes.
Applying to Spring 2023, Summer 2023, or Fall 2023
Step 3: Verify Your Admission Requirements
Make sure you meet the following requirements to apply to your program:
- You must have a bachelor's degree or higher from an institution recognized by a regional accrediting association.
- You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution or hold a conferred graduate degree.
Step 4: Gather Your Application Materials
In addition to your application, you will be requested to upload the following materials to your application portal:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Include information about you, why you are applying to our program, and any other information you feel is relevant to the application review process.
- Transcripts from your highest earned degree. What is this?
Fall 2023 applicants, please upload the following materials to your application portal:
- Letter of Intent: Please submit a Letter of Intent that addresses the following topics:
- (1) Why did you choose speech-language pathology and what are your professional goals?
- (2) What are your relevant or unique experiences and the skills you acquired through them?
- (3) How would you contribute to the university’s commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion?
- (4) Describe a time in your life where you overcame a significant obstacle and what you learned about yourself from it.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Your university/college transcripts showing highest earned degree.
Ready to Apply?
Applying to Ball State is easy, safe, and is a completely online process. You’ll need to complete the online application for graduate admission and then upload any required application materials to your applicant portal.
You will receive an email message after you submit your application with instructions on how to access your applicant portal. The portal will provide further instructions on how to upload your required application materials and submit your full application for review. You will also be able to check your application status and confirm your enrollment via the Decision Reply Form from the portal.
Log In to Your Applicant Portal
We recognize that your graduate education is an important investment for your future. If you have any questions, please reach out to Graduate Admissions for assistance. We are here to help!