Ball State does not accept unofficial (student-supplied) credential evaluations. Applicants with non-U.S. academic history must provide official credential evaluations from a NACES member to apply.
If your program requires you to provide:
- your complete academic history, you must provide a NACES member credential evaluation of your transcript(s) with your complete foreign education history.
- your highest degree earned only, you must provide a NACES member credential evaluation of your foreign education transcript(s) if the degree was earned outside the U.S.
If highest degree earned was from the U.S., you do not have to submit documentation of your foreign education.
Important note: If you have earned a graduate degree from an accredited U.S. institution and provide official transcripts showing a conferred degree, a NACES member credential evaluation of international undergraduate degrees will NOT be required (but may be requested by the graduate program).
NACES Member Credential Evaluation
Members of NACES are independent, non-governmental organizations that provide credential evaluation services to individuals who have completed part or all of their education outside of the United States. If you have not earned a U.S. degree, your transcript and degree must be evaluated by a NACES member organization.
Your NACES Member Evaluation report must contain the following:
- U.S. equivalency of study/degree
- U.S. equivalent overall credits & GPA earned
- Accreditation status of institution(s)
- Course-by-course evaluation (each course listed along with credits and grade earned for the course)
Please have the issuing NACES member evaluator send your official credential evaluation directly to Ball State University (school code 1051; email address email@example.com).