The types of transcripts required at the time of application vary by program. You will be requested to submit unofficial transcripts for either your complete academic record or your highest earned degree based on your program of interest. Applicants who have a conferred degrees are encouraged to submit official transcripts at the time of application. Upon admission, official transcripts showing highest earned degree conferral will need to be submitted within the first semester of enrollment if not submitted at the time of application.
Please check your graduate program’s admission requirements for these details.
- transcripts showing complete academic record – Submit unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended in order for you to be considered for admission to your program of interest. If you have both foreign and U.S. earned education, you may not need to submit transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended. Please refer to the Academic History Outside the US tab regarding credential evaluations requirements.
- transcripts from highest earned degree – Submit an unofficial transcript from the highest earned degree in order for you to be considered for admission to your program of interest. If you have both foreign and U.S. earned education, you will need to submit a transcript from the college or university of your highest earned degree. Please refer to the Academic History Outside the U.S. tab regarding credential evaluations requirements.
If your academic program of interest reviews your application and recommends you for acceptance to Ball State, you will be admitted conditionally by the Dean of the Graduate School and allowed to enroll in courses for one term. You must submit an official transcript from the highest earned degree conferred within the first semester of enrollment to continue in the program.
Upon completing your Graduate School application, you acknowledge that:
- Your application is being reviewed based upon the information you provided.
- You may be asked to provide an official transcript if further information is needed.
Unofficial and official transcripts should include:
- Your full name.
- Your college or university's name.
- The number of credit hours earned/in progress.
- Your cumulative GPA.
- The degree you have earned/are in the process of completing.
You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts.