Ball State's Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology has a long history of producing outstanding graduates, as well as service to the community through our clinics.
We prepare our students for a variety of exciting careers and offer a program of study for every career ambition.
Our history is really a story of a vibrant department where students and faculty work together closely both within the classroom and in clinical settings. The Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology also assists our students to obtain the proper licensure when appropriate.
Our graduates go on to become teachers, clinicians, researchers, managers, and a variety of other critical occupations in the exciting field of health care.
The primary mission of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Ball State University is to prepare outstanding speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
Supporting and secondary missions include:
- To provide an educational experience which assists students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver high-quality clinical services as well as stimulate the students' intellectual curiosity
- To provide high-quality diagnostic and therapeutic audiology and speech-language pathology services to residents of East Central Indiana and surrounding areas
- To provide continuing education and serve as a resource center for practicing speech-language pathologists and audiologists
- To contribute to the advancement of the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology through research, clinical practice, and professional development
- To provide information and education relative to speech, language and auditory problems to persons outside the field of speech-language pathology and audiology
- To contribute to the development of Ball State University and the state of Indiana
Find performance results for the master of arts in speech-language pathology and doctorate of audiology programs. View data
Under the supervision of our faculty, our department operates two clinics that provide services to members of our community.