The issues of today's complex world feel overwhelming. But what if you could make a difference in your community by just supporting one person? By pursuing a career in behavioral health, you can make an impact in someone's life every day. And the impact you have on one person can have a ripple effect throughout the community.
What is the Behavioral Health Academy™?
The Behavioral Health Academy™ (BHA) offers a streamlined path to a career in behavioral health. Through the program, you earn a master’s degree in social work or mental health counseling, preparation for dual licensure to treat both substance-use disorders and complex mental health issues, and significant hands-on experience that makes you job-ready as soon as you graduate. You also receive a stipend to offset costs and, in most cases, receive employment opportunities upon graduation.
The Behavioral Health Academy partners with universities and behavioral health provider organizations across the state of Indiana. BHA programming supports social work and mental health counseling students in learning evidence-based therapeutic practices to treat clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use challenges. Student interns gain hands-on therapeutic experience that prepares them for a career at a community mental health center.
The Behavioral Health Academy uses an innovative model that provides all the academic and internship experience needed to gain dual licensure increasing skill and confidence to provide therapeutic treatments to a diverse population.
When students join the Behavioral Health Academy at Ball State University they receive:
- Stipend at the end of each successful practicum or internship semester from the behavioral health provider where practicum or internship completed.
- Specialized supervision and training in transdiagnostic evidence-based practices
- Curriculum and practicum experience that qualifies them for LCSW/LMHC and LCAC
- Priority Interviews at partner Community Mental Health Centers for employment post-graduation
- Bonuses from behavioral health provider where successful practicum completed once full clinical licensure is obtained
The Behavioral Health Academy partners with the below behavioral health providers:
- Community Fairbanks Behavioral Health
- Sandra Eskenazi Community Mental Health Center
- Parkview Behavioral Health Services
- Oaklawn Psychiatric Center
- Regional Health Services
- Porter-Starke Services
- Aspire Indiana Health
- Adult and Child
Ready to take the next step?
If yes, please email Shannon Staton, Director of Field Education at BSU, at email@example.com to discuss this opportunity!