The Ball State Social Work’s Advisory Committee is comprised of practitioners in county and nonprofit social service agencies serving the Muncie and surrounding regions, as well as alumni from our program.
The Ball State University Social Work Advisory Committee advances the profession of Social Work and strengthens Social Work educational opportunities by establishing and maintaining reciprocal relationships and serving as a liaison between the Social Work program and Delaware county area community practitioners.
The Committee provides professional input by assisting in various areas of administration, advocacy, public relations, curriculum development and evaluation, recruitment, scholarship and fund development, alumni relations, professional networking, research, and field education.
Social Work Advisory Committee Purpose
1. Alumni Relations
Assist the program to maintain strong connections with social work alumni.
2. Community Awareness/Public Relations
Promote the profession of social work and the Ball State University Social Work Program through community awareness and public marketing activities.
Provide input into field education and development of field sites. Enhance curriculum to meet the CSWE standards as well as the needs of the current social work practice community.
4. Fund Development
Develop fund-raising opportunities for the program and assist in developing scholarship money for social work students.
5. Outcomes & Evaluation
Assist in definition of program outcomes and write assessment tools for ongoing evaluation that leads to revision and ongoing development of the program.
6. Professional Networking
Serve as a focal point for local professionals to meet, share information, and communicate local job opportunities for the benefit of students.
Assist in developing and implementing recruitment efforts to the program and the Social Work Profession.
Assist the social work program to identify local research needs and work collaboratively with the program to advance social work knowledge through research.
- Jena Ashby, Habitat for Humanity
- Jamie L. Bergan, Center for Psychological Development
- Chrisonia Broadnax, DaVita Carmel
- Katie Campbell, Willowbend Living Center
- Judy Elton, Muncie Delaware County Senior Center
- Bill Frederick, Center for Psychological Development
- Katie Lucas, Woodlands Nursing Home
- Chrystal Pearson, Academy of Model Aeronautics
- Kim Taylor, Ball State University, Department of Social Work Adviso
- Shannon Schumacher, Volunteers of America of Indiana
- Dorica Young Watson, Second Harvest Food Bank
- Alisa Wells, Ivy Tech