Are you interested in our MA in Mathematics Education program? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Submit your application by the following dates, depending on which semester you plan to start:
- Fall – July 10
- Spring – Dec 1
- Summer – April 1
Before You Begin...
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by a regional accrediting association.
You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Our program does not require you to take the GRE.
Licensing and Professional Experience
Elementary and Middle School Concentration
- a current elementary, middle, or special education teaching license
- at least one year of elementary or middle school teaching experience
Secondary School Concentration
- an undergraduate major in mathematics or the equivalent background as determined by the Department of Mathematical Sciences
- a current secondary mathematics teaching license
- at least one year of secondary mathematics teaching experience
Elementary or Middle School Mathematics Education Specialist Concentration
- a current middle school mathematics or elementary teaching license
- at least three years of middle school mathematics or elementary teaching experience
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fees (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- previous Ball State student (enrolled after high school)
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.