The Ball State Sport Administration curriculum is experiential – you graduate with industry experience.
- 75+ athletic events worked each academic year
- 225+ hours of senior-level oversight during athletic events
- Approximately 2,765 volunteer hours worked within athletic events
- Generate thousands of dollars in sales and profits through sport-industry projects
Our partnerships include:
- Fort Wayne TinCaps – Sell full-ticket-package options.
- Ball State Athletics – Work within operations, logistics, marketing, and on-field promotions for home sporting events (1,200+ hours).
- Albany Golf Club – Create and operate a golf outing.
- Muncie ICE League – Operate and manage an academic-focused basketball league.
- Chase Charlie Races – Create, organize, and manage a 5K, virtual, and Kiddie 100 races.
Event Management Class
Our event management class raises thousands of dollars for our Sport Administration Fund for Excellence account, which financially support professional development and networking conferences for students.
The account paid for students to attend the…
- United States Olympic Committee Internship Fair in Colorado Springs
- Baseball Winter Meetings in Baltimore & San Diego
- MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference
- National Recreation and Park Association Annual Conference
- Sport Sales Workshop and Job Fair at Mount Union
- Many conferences in Chicago & Indianapolis
- and many others…
Sport Administration Association
The student-led club offers executive leadership positions to enhance student opportunities through…
- semester trips – venue tours, Q&A sessions with sport organization executives, and attending games
- guest speakers
- social events
Women in Sport Business
The student-led club focuses on female careers and empowerment within the sport industry.