Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Applications should be submitted at least four weeks before the beginning of the semester you wish to start.
Approximate deadlines are:
- Fall – July 15
- Spring – December 1
- Summer – April 1
Before You Begin...
If you are a currently admitted Ball State undergraduate student with at least 75 credit hours and a 3.25 cumulative GPA, you may be eligible for the Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP).
AMP allows you to begin your graduate studies while still an undergraduate student! Start your graduate classes while completing your undergraduate degree where your courses double-count toward your bachelor’s and master’s degrees, saving time and money as you pursue your master's degree at Ball State.
As an AMP student, you will remain in undergraduate status and pay undergraduate tuition until you have fulfilled all requirements for your bachelor’s degree. Once a graduate student (upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree), your tuition and fees will be calculated as a graduate student and you will become eligible to apply for graduate assistantships. You will also be required to meet the GPA requirements for graduate study, which can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
Ball State is accepting AMP applications for the following programs:
- Master of Arts in Emerging Media Design and Development
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Public Relations
- Master of Arts/Science in Biology
- Master of Arts/Science in Sport Administration
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Educational Psychology
- Master of Science in Quantitative Psychology
How to Apply for AMP
To apply for AMP, complete the Graduate School application for admission by following the requirements listed for your program of interest. You will need to select “Yes” when answering: “Are you a current Ball State University undergraduate student applying to the Accelerated Master's Program?” This will ensure your application is considered for AMP admission.
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education.
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Our program does not require you to take the GRE.
You will need to upload the following materials to your online application:
- Two Professional References – Within the online application you will be asked to submit names and email addresses for two professional references. We will send them instructions on what information they need to provide for your application.
- Personal Statement – Write a brief statement that describes your career goals. What has drawn you to the program and to Ball State University? Indicate those assets that you believe will contribute to your success in graduate studies. Describe pertinent educational, research and professional experiences, and other qualities and interests that will be helpful for our evaluation of your application. Please limit to 500 words.
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fee (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- Ball State student currently enrolled in classes or alumni
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
- prospective student who attended a Ball State graduate program information session
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application. When selecting "I attended an informational session" option in the fee waiver section of the application, list the information session title and date.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.