Department Chair of the Department of Educational Psychology and Professor of Psychology--Educational Psychology
Department of Educational Psychology
About Jerrell Cassady
Jerrell Cassady is Chair of the Department and Professor of Psychology and has been at Ball State since 1999. His areas of expertise include test anxiety, human learning, teacher education, and research design. He frequently works with national organizations (e.g., Smithsonian Institution, National Parks Foundation) to design and implement evaluation studies documenting successful educational programming in practice.
- Department Chair (2017 - present). Department of Educational Psychology.
- Professor of Psychology (2009 - present; Associate Professor 2004-2009; Assistant Professor 1999-2004). Department of Educational Psychology, Ball State University
- Co-Director, Research Design Studio (2014 - present). The RDS provides research and evaluation support to faculty, students, and community members in developing high quality research designs to support applied and theoretical research. http://espace.bsu.edu/rds
- Director, Academic Anxiety Resource Center - (2008 - present). AARC provides resources to students, parents, educators, and researchers interested in academic anxieties (e.g., test anxiety) http://espace.bsu.edu/aarc
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Psychology, 1999
Master of Science (MS) in Psychology, 1996
Bachelor of Arts, 1994
Research and Publications
Sample Publications (see Vita for comprehensive list)
- Cassady, J.C. (2010). Anxiety in Schools: The Causes, Consequences and Solutions for Academic Anxieties. Peter Lang: New York.
- Thomas, C.L., Cassady, J.C., Finch, W.H. (2017). Identifying Severity Standards on the Cognitive Test Anxiety Scale: Cutscore Determination Using Latent Class and Cluster Analysis. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, DOI: 10.1177/0734282916686004
- Cassady, J.C., & Finch, W.H. (2015). Using factor mixture modeling to identify dimensions of cognitive test anxiety. Learning and Individual Differences, 41, 14-20.
Sample Funded Projects (see Vita for comprehensive list)
- Evaluation Consultation (2013-present). Smithsonian Institution National Museum of the American Indian. Evaluation support for "National Education Initiative" and Native Knowledge 360° (funded in part by the Cargill Foundation).
- Evaluation Consultation (2014-2017). Smithsonian Institution National Air and Space Museum. Evaluation support for "STEM in 30" and Holt Scholars Programs.