Once you have begun the B/MD pathway, you will need to meet the following requirements to remain in it and, ultimately, enroll in the IU School of Medicine.
We will evaluate your academic progress each May. If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirements, you will be placed on probation. You will then have one semester to reach the GPA requirement, otherwise you will be dismissed from the pathway but will remain in your undergraduate program at Ball State University.
Your must achieve certain GPAs after you complete the following numbers of credits.
- 30 credits – 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- 60 credits – 3.5 GPA (cumulative)
- 61+ credits – 3.5 GPA (cumulative and science)
- Matriculation to IU Medical School – no less than the average (mean) of the previous year’s entering class (cumulative and science)
Successfully completing the pathway means you will need to pass the following courses in order to be admitted by the IU Medical School after graduating from Ball State.
- one year of General and Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Biology—minimum two-hour lab
- one semester of Biochemistry
- one Social Science AND one Behavioral Science course
You will need to take the MCAT in order to enroll in IU Medical School.
Applicants need a score of at least the average score for the previous year’s entering class at IU School of Medicine.
Take the MCAT.
Medical School Application
You will still need to apply to the IU Medical School in order to matriculate after completing the B/MD pathway.
You will do this through the Association of American Medical Colleges’ (AAMC) centralized application.
Apply to Medical School