The Kent C. "Oz" Nelson Logistics and Supply Chain Management Center for Excellence leverages relationships with industry professionals to create a robust academic program that prepares you for a successful career in fast-paced, high-tech job fields.
We built the center on four key concepts:
- Education: A rigorous curriculum challenges you to explore and apply relevant, leading skills and ideas in class and through extracurricular activities.
- Engagement: Expert professors transform the world into a classroom through site visits, case competitions, and internships.
- Employment: Valuable industry relationships lead to our 100 percent job placement rate for program graduates.
- Excellence: The program’s tremendous growth and influence since its inception in 2013 have garnered us respect and authority as a leader in preparing the next generation of logistics and supply chain professionals to excel.
Online or on Campus: Learning That Works With Your Life
Our program offerings open doors to fulfilling, in-demand jobs with salaries that average more than $100,000 a year. Core classes provide you with a solid foundation in logistics, science, technology, and management through interdisciplinary and relevant instruction. Then, expert professors challenge you to apply classroom learning through internships and real-world projects.
Unparalleled Real-World Experiences
We create opportunities for you to build fulfilling relationships with industry professionals:
- Site visits expose you to the underlying dynamics and cultural environment of employers that you may work for one day.
- Internships let you "try on" a job and gain real experience in the profession.
- Case competitions encourage you to tackle challenges facing individual businesses or the industry as a whole.
- A capstone course lets you work closely with a company partner to develop innovative solutions in your senior year.
Explore Ways to Work with Us
We’ve built lasting relationships with more than 25 firms, including Allegion, Eli Lilly and Co, and UPS that support our students and elevate the reach and reputation of our programs. The Center offers multiple levels of partnership for firms to engage in opportunities that align with their schedule, interests, and desired level of involvement.
Students gain hands-on experience and professional connections, while companies gain a fresh perspective and energetic contributions through student-led projects to address firms’ greatest needs. Businesses also get to network with other top companies and experience the joy of inspiring the next generation of logistics and supply chain management professionals.