GEN:i (Generation Innovation) is a Ball State Entrepreneurial Leadership Institute original program designed with student leaders in mind. This program brings together a select group of highly motivated students to increase their skills in innovation & leadership, and to build upon entrepreneurial creativity. GEN:i was created for those students looking to take their college experience up a notch - to get out of their comfort zone and set themselves apart as they prepare for their future.
The curriculum of the program begins with self-discovery and mission development, taking participants on unique leadership development journey that redefines the traditional sense of “entrepreneurship”. Participants will also be coached in applicable tools and skills for any role, business creator or not.
View the GEN:i program flyer now.
Applications for GEN:i require the following materials:
- a maximum 1,000-word essay detailing why you're interested in the program, your future aspirations, and why you should be selected for the program;
- an interview with an ELI team member where you will share what you hope to get out of the program;
- any other supporting documents or letters of recommendation.
Program participants are expected to:
- attend and participate in every meeting/trip;
- represent the University, the Entrepreneurial Leadership Institute, and themselves with professionalism at all times;
- be in good academic standing with the University;
- remit program fees of $750. Partial scholarships are available for those who may need it. Please fill out the scholarship form at the time of your application.
Applications for the 2023-24 academic year are now closed.
Connect with Us
Contact us for questions, to get involved, or follow us on social media to stay informed.