Chic Innovate is a forward-thinking collaborative group comprised of women across the local Muncie community This two-year program is intentionally built to act as a professional development opportunity through individual learning and mentor relationships.
Over the course of the first year, women of different backgrounds in different chapters of their lives join forces to discover and learn from each other. In the early stages of the program beginning in late summer, professionals from the Muncie and local area come together to learn about personal skills and mentor strategies. During the second year, participants are partnered with Ball State University students to serve as a mentor and advisor investing in the student’s personal and professional growth. All participants will engage in relevant topics to build confidence in the workplace, learn professional and personal balance approaches, become well-versed in tools applicable for students and professionals alike, and grow in their leadership, creativity, innovative mindset, and problem-solving skills.
View our informational flyer!
Applications are now closed for the 2023-24 program year.
All women in or around the Muncie area and at Ball State are encouraged to apply regardless of education, background, industry, etc. Only electronic applications will be accepted. A limited number of applicants will be selected.
Applications for Chic Innovate require the following materials:
- a short summary of why you're interested in the program, relevant experience, future aspirations, and why you should be selected to participate;
- a current résumé or CV;
- any other supporting documents or letters of recommendation
Professional Participant Expectations
Program participants are expected to:
- make a two-year commitment to the program
- attend and participate in every meeting/trip with a willingness and eagerness to learn;
- maintain a professional and meaningful mentor/mentee relationship; and
- provide updates and feedback when requested
Connect with Us
Contact Candy Dodd for questions or to get involved, or follow Chic Innovate on social media to stay informed.