The Miller College of Business is accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and was the first state-supported institution in Indiana to hold separate AACSB accreditation for the accounting program. Less than 5 percent of the world's business schools have earned AACSB accreditation.*
Public Accounting Report’s 2018 survey of accounting
professors ranked our undergraduate and master's in accounting programs sixteenth and fifteenth in the nation, respectively, in the Midwest.
- Our undergraduate entrepreneurial management program was ranked 12th in the nation in 2019 by The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine.
- Students may receive assistance in starting their own businesses through a business incubator program that fosters entrepreneurial activity in the community, particularly within the growing communications and information technology sectors.
Allegre, Ball State's popular student-operated restaurant, gives students an opportunity to learn everything from food preparation and presentation to restaurant management.
- Ball State’s residential property management (RPM) program, one of only nine such programs in the country, is supported by the National Apartment Association. Ball State is among only a few universities that offers students—typically sophomores and juniors—the opportunity to earn the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) designation.
Insurance and Risk Management
- In 2017, Ball State was one of only 20 universities worldwide to be designated a Global Center of Insurance Excellence by the International Insurance Society.
- The risk management, insurance, and actuarial science program is a collaborative effort between Miller College and the College of Sciences and Humanities that provides opportunities for research and interaction with industry.
- Students in computer information systems have built a powerful cluster computer and have used it to test complex software for the U.S. Department of Defense and to regularly work with area businesses.
- A state-of-the-art networking lab teaches students how to protect computer networks and other information systems from cyber-attacks. The lab features the latest equipment, providing a technologically advanced setting for students to manage all types of networks.
- Our Center for Professional Selling is one of only 29 full member schools with the University Sales
Center Alliance. The center’s annual Sales Career Fair is one of the
largest of its kind in the country.
- The Sales Education Foundation has listed our sales program
among its “Top Universities for Professional Sales Education” since 2013.
Our apparel design program is accredited by the National Association of Schools
of Art and Design (NASAD).
Our master of
business administration (MBA) program was ranked 13th in U.S. News &
World Report’s 2019 “Best Online Programs.”
- The veteran-owned Viqtory named our MBA as a Military Friendly program in 2019.
- The Princeton Review, in partnership with Entrepreneur magazine, included Ball State in its 2016 “Top 25 Online MBA Programs.”
listed our MBA program on its “2015-2016 Top Recommended Online MBA Programs.”
*Computer technology, hospitality and food management, residential property management, fashion merchandising and apparel design, and career and technical education have yet to be accredited by AACSB.