Respected organizations have repeatedly been impressed by our academic programs, our supportive environment, our cutting-edge facilities and technology, our investment in emerging media, and our commitment to sustainability. Here is a sample:
- Named one of the best universities in the Midwest by The Princeton Review for 14 years.
- Designated a doctoral university: higher research activity by The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Earned the Community Engagement
Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The classification recognizes colleges and universities that demonstrate an institution-wide commitment to public service, civic involvement, and community partnerships.
Received a Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from Insight into Diversity in 2016, 2017, and 2018. This honor is for exemplary initiatives focusing on all aspects of diversity and inclusion, including gender, race, ethnicity, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.
- Ranked in the top
20 in the country for three graduate programs in U.S. News & World
Report's 2017 “Best Online Programs”: MBA was 12th, nursing was 13th, and education was 16th. U.S. News also ranked our online bachelor’s programs 36th.
- Recognized as the first higher education institution in the country to earn Quality Matters’ Learner Support Program Certification. Quality Matters, known as QM, provides a nationally recognized standard of best practices for online and blended learning.
- Ranked in U.S.
News & World Report’s 2015 “Best Online Programs for Veterans” at No.
7 in graduate education, No. 14 in MBA, No. 22 in graduate nursing, and No. 29
in bachelor’s programs.
- Named a Military Friendly School for nine years by Victory Media. In 2018, Victory Media also ranked our online programs No. 8 in the country.
Our academic programs have gotten noticed, too. Check out the recognitions and points of distinction for: