The Office of Research Integrity ensures research at Ball State University is in compliance with university policies and with applicable provisions of federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Last Updated: May 11th, 2020
- For more information and research guidance during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, click here. Please note that this guidance is for the entire Ball State research community, not just researchers using human subjects. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Effective Immediately! In alignment with statements by President Mearns and Provost Rivera-Mills in response to the Disaster Emergency Declaration issued on March 20th by the Delaware County Commissioners, effective immediately all in-person human subjects research must stop. If you have questions about next steps and what options may be available for your study, please contact Sena Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Mangelli at email@example.com . The ORI and the IRB will continue to work with all of our researchers during this challenging time.
Summer office hours are now in effect. ORI staff will be available Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 4pm. Please note, however, that Office of Research Integrity staff members are working remotely, as our campus office is closed until further notice. We are still able to answer phone calls and emails from our remote locations, so please continue to reach out with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support.
- Check out our March newsletter to stay up-to-date on all important ORI news! You can see past newsletters here.
- New, free training webinars available. Click here for more information.
- Due to office changes, the turn-around time for IRB protocol reviews may take longer than usual. Please refer to the IRB Deadlines and Meeting Dates page via the "Quick Links" below for guidance.
- The email address for our office as well as the IRB is firstname.lastname@example.org, not email@example.com. Be sure to indicate the correct email address in your proposal documents whenever applicable.
- If you are having difficulties downloading "Form A: IRB Application" or any other PDF file(s) from IRBNet, we recommend using Firefox as your browser and downloading the document(s) via Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- If you experience continuous issues with IRBNet, please contact IRBNet's technical support team at (877) 261-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRB Deadlines and Meeting Dates
Human Subjects Research FAQs
COI/COC and SFCI Forms and Policies
Lab Safety and Security Forms
New Common Rule
Request a Training Session
Submitting a Research Proposal
When preparing to submit a research proposal, you will need to register on IRBNet and complete the CITI Program training. For more information on what is required when submitting, please reference our "How to Submit a Research Proposal" page on the left-hand column.
Resources Ball State Offers to Researchers
- Peer Mentoring - If you have questions, schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with a graduate assistant to discuss your protocol before you submit it to IRBNet!
- Sponsored Projects Administration offers Aspire grants to faculty, professional personnel, and students in areas such as research, scholarly studies, and creative endeavors.
- The Research Design Studio provides help with research design, grant development, instrument selection and design, professional development and research mentoring, as well as synthesis and support of research collaborations.
Committees and Programs
IRB - Human Subjects
IACUC - Animal Care and Use
LSSC- Laboratory Safety and Security
RSC - Radiation Safety
IBC - Biosafety