Ball State is a member of the Quality Matters Program, which provides a nationally-recognized standard of best practices for online and blended learning. The program is recognized by the Online Learning Consortium, a professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education.
The QM Program is designed to provide the following benefits:
- Improved student learning outcomes, and retention
- A systematic, comprehensive, and continuous quality assurance process that ensures courses are aligned with accreditation standards
- Support for institutional assessment
- Incorporation of new technologies and research findings for online learning
- Opportunity to engage in benchmarking activities with peer institutions
- Ongoing faculty professional development
More than 850 colleges and universities rely on the Quality Matters rubric. In fact, the QM process is a collegial peer-review process that is driven by faculty. As part of the QM review process, a review team works collaboratively to ensure the course meets the quality standards of the QM rubric.