Employee Relations assists the Ball State community by providing administrators, supervisors, faculty, and staff with advice, direction, or interpretation regarding a broad range of issues, policies, and concerns including:
- problem prevention
- current workplace problem resolution
- performance management matters
- corrective action and disciplinary processes
- involuntary terminations/layoffs/Reduction in Force (RIF)
- relationships between employees and their representatives
- grievance response/complaint/unemployment
Our office seeks to assist in resolving conflict at the lowest level by consistently providing resources and alternatives (such as training) to supervisors and employees that facilitate effective communication.
The Employee Relations office staff is available to provide general or specific training on work related issues such as performance management, policies and procedures, disciplinary processes, supervisory skills, or department specific needs.
In addition, some disciplinary forms are now available for download in the forms section.