Report to Line Up at 9 a.m. in the Dr. Don Shondell Practice Center. There is no exterior entrance to the Dr. Don Shondell Practice Center. Graduates and faculty must enter through lower level gate 1. Once in the line-up area, signs will identify each college, and faculty marshals will offer directions. Not sure of your college?
Only graduates and commencement personnel will be allowed in graduate areas. No children or guests will be permitted in graduate seating or on stage.
You will receive a name card in the line up area, which will be used to read your name. Print your name on the card and hand it to the reader before crossing the stage. If your name is difficult to pronounce, include a phonetic pronunciation as well as the printed name. Please fill out the back of the card clearly so you can receive information about the pictures taken of you during the ceremony.
If you intend to participate in the ceremony, you will need to purchase the necessary regalia
such as the cap, gown, tassel, and commemorative Centennial stole. If you have any questions, please contact the Ball State Bookstore in the Art and Journalism Building at 765-285-8080.
Cap and Gown
- black gown
- black cap, flat mortar board, with cardinal tassel for Associate's or cardinal and white tassel for Bachelor's
- Commemorative Centennial stole
- cum laude – bronze medallion
- magna cum laude – silver medallion
- summa cum laude – gold medallion
- College of Architecture and Planning – stole approved by the college
- Honors College – red and white cords
- Military - red, white and blue cords; student veteran's stole
- Mortar Board – gold and silver cords
- Phi Kappa Phi – blue and gold cords
- Golden Key - blue and gold cords
- Commemorative Centennial Stole – red stole
Learn more about academic regalia and where to buy it.