Graduates and guests look forward to this milestone with excitement and anticipation. For many guests, Commencement is their first visit to our campus. The ceremony and appropriate behavior by the graduates and their guests will create positive memories for all who attend.
COVID-19 Safety Practices
- Masks required for all attendees, including graduates.
- All attendees are expected to maintain appropriate physical distancing in order to reduce the risk of being exposed to or spreading COVID-19.
- All campus visitors should be familiar with the COVID-19 Campus Visitors Plan.
Only graduates and Commencement personnel will be allowed in graduate areas. No children or guests will be permitted in the graduate line-up area, seating, or on stage.
Re-entry will not be permitted at Scheumann Stadium.
All bags are subject to search by event staff and University Police. For security purposes, all attendees are encouraged to keep all items to a minimum.
There are no secure places to store personal items before or during the ceremony. Small personal items, such as phones and wallets must be carried in a pocket or a small bag under the gown. Graduates are not permitted to carry items across the stage other than their reader card, which they will hand to the reader before they cross the stage.
The following items are not permitted inside Scheumann Stadium:
- outside food or drink
- helium balloons
- all bags/packages larger than 16" x 16"
- any missile type (objects)
- all large signs/banners
- any pole mounted flags/signs
- all laser pointers
- any weapons
- all coolers
- smoking, including e-cigarettes
- all object(s) deemed inappropriate for any arena/stadium events