Cap and Gown Packages
For graduates who would still like to place an order for their cap and gown, you can do so by clicking on the button below.
Order Cap and Gown
For graduates who ordered cap and gown packages and had them shipped to home:
If your package is unopened and you would like a refund, return information is included in your package. For any other questions about your order, please contact Oak Hall at 1-800-456-7623 or email@example.com.
Purchasing Other Graduation Items
Thank you cards, diploma frames, and many other graduation items are also available at the Ball State Bookstore in the Art and Journalism Building. Class rings and announcements can be purchased through Balfour. Custom announcements require 15 business days to produce and to be received by the customer.
Please contact the Ball State Bookstore with any additional questions at 765-285-8080.
Cap and Gown Prices
|Associate Degree Cap, Gown, and Tassel ||$49.98
|Baccalaureate Degree Cap, Gown, and Tassel ||$49.98
|Master’s Degree Cap, Gown, Hood, and Tassel ||$97.98
|Doctorate and Specialist Degree Cap, Gown, Hood, and Tassel ||$99.98
Caps and Gowns
All Associate Degrees
- black gown
- black cap and flat mortar board with cardinal tassel
All Baccalaureate (Bachelors) Degrees
- black baccalaureate gown (long, rounded sleeves)
- black cap and flat mortar board with cardinal and white tassel
All Masters Degrees
- black masters gown (long, oblong sleeves)
- black cap and flat mortar board with tassel and masters hood representing area of study
Degree Tassel and Hood
||Tassel and Hood Match
|M.A. - Master of Art ||White
|M.M. - Master of Music ||Pink
|MAE - Master of Arts in Education ||Light Blue
|MAR - Master of Architecture ||Light Purple
|MBA - Master of Business Administration ||Royal Blue
|MLA - Master of Landscape Architecture ||Light Purple
|M.S. - Master of Science ||Golden Yellow
|MSW – Master of Social Work ||Citron
|MUR - Master of Urban and Regional Architecture ||Light Purple
|MPA - Master of Public Administration ||Teal Green
All Doctoral Degrees
- black gown with three velvet bars on the sleeves
- black cap, soft or hard, with gold tassel, and doctoral hood representing area of study.
Degree tassel and hood
||Tassel and Hood
|Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy ||Gold Tassel and Royal Blue Hood
|DA - Doctor of Arts ||Gold Tassel and Pink Hood
|EdD - Doctor of Education ||Gold Tassel and Light Blue Hood
|EdS - Specialist in Education ||Gold Tassel and Light Blue Hood
|AUD - Doctor of Audiology ||Gold Tassel and Rhodes Blue Hood
|DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice ||Gold Tassel and Apricot Hood
Ball State University welcomes students, academic programs, and student organizations to express their identity and values through the addition of appropriate accessories to the standard regalia. Any accessories added to the regalia should not obstruct the view of others at the ceremony or interfere with another’s participation in the ceremony.
Ball State University student organizations wishing to provide members or participants with accessories to be worn at commencement must seek prior approval from the Office of Commencement. The cost of the accessories will be borne by the organization or student members. A list of all pre-approved regalia accessories, including the requesting person or organization, description, and meaning of the accessory will be maintained by the Commencement Office. Students not in compliance with the requirements of this policy may be asked to remove and/or conceal any unapproved accessory.
Examples of Accessories:
- cum laude—bronze medallion
- magna cum laude—silver medallion
- summa cum laude—gold medallion
- R. Wayne Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning—stole approved by the college
- Honors College—red and white cords
- Military—black and gold cords; student veteran's stole
- Mortar Board—gold and silver cords
- Phi Kappa Phi—blue and gold cords
- Golden Key—blue and gold cords
- Phi Upsilon Omicron - yellow, purple, and white cords; purple stole
- Student Athletes – red and white stole
- Greek Life – in accordance with affiliation
*Graduates may decorate their mortarboard as long as it is not inappropriate or distracting to the ceremony or graduates around them.