Admission to the David Owsley Museum of Art is free, and it is open to the public year-round.
Visitor hours are:
- Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday–Sunday, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
The museum is closed on major holidays and additional university holidays. Business office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday–Friday (7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. during the summer).
The David Owsley Museum of Art occupies most of the Fine Arts Building, located along Riverside Avenue at Warwick Road in the heart of the Ball State campus. The museum’s main entrance faces Riverside Avenue. Inside, you can get to the museum’s main level via a decorative staircase or an elevator. Visitors may also enter the museum on the south side of the Fine Arts Building and at the top of the steps enjoy a view of Beneficence from across the Old Quad. Metered parking is available on the lower level of the McKinley Parking Structure on the corner of Ashland and McKinley Avenues. Proceed west into the Old Quad to reach the museum.
Please remember the following guidelines during your visit:
- Parcels, purses, briefcases, backpacks, and umbrellas must be placed in the coatroom or in lockers located near the museum information desk.
- Food, beverages, and smoking are not permitted in the museum.
- Do not touch the works of art, display cases, or pedestals.
- Photographs for personal use may be taken without flash only in the collection galleries. All professional photographers must check in at the information desk and complete paperwork before taking photographs.
Drop-off on Riverside Avenue is available. An accessible entrance to the museum is on the ground level of the Fine Arts Building. Elevators provide access to all floors. The museum will make special accommodations for visitors with visual and auditory impairments, and large labels are available in the galleries, which also have seating. Please contact us if you or someone in your group needs assistance. Service animals are welcome.
Muncie Indiana Transit System (MITS)
DOMA is located at 2021 W. Riverside Avenue, just west of McKinley Avenue and near several MITS stops. Real time information and an online bus locator is available through a smart phone app, text, or even email alerts. Visit MITS' bus fares web page for information on discounted rates for students, seniors, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Visit the MITS website to view the bus schedule.