Looking to reenroll, reinstate, or become a guest student at Ball State? You’ll need to complete our special undergraduate application as part of your admission process. 

What is a Special Applicant

The special undergraduate application should be completed by individuals seeking one of the following enrollment circumstances:

  • Reenrollment — you previously attended Ball State as a degree-seeking undergraduate student after high school or have become inactive due to non-attendance.
  • Reinstatement — you previously attended Ball State as a degree-seeking undergraduate student and were academically dismissed.
  • Guest Student — you are enrolled at another college or university and want to take Ball State undergraduate courses for credit to transfer back to your home institution.
  • Audit Student — you wish to sit in on an undergraduate class for no academic grade or credit and will not be taking any other Ball State courses for credit.
  • Nondegree — you wish to enroll for undergraduate courses and not pursue a degree.
  • Early College Credit* — you are a current high school student and wish to take courses for early college credit. Early College Credit is not the same as Dual Credit.

What About Other High School Students?

If you recently graduated high school and wish to attend Ball State as an incoming freshman, please complete our regular undergraduate application.

Current high school students interested in Dual Credit opportunities at Ball State can visit our Dual Credit website to learn how to apply.

Ready to Apply?

To be considered for special admission, please submit your special undergraduate application at least two weeks prior to the first day of classes for the term you’re applying to. See our academic calendar.


If you need assistance with any part of your application process, please call or email the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. We’re here to help you every step of the way.

Contact Us