Our online bachelor’s degree in early childhood education prepares you to work with infants, toddlers, young children, and their families in a wide range of settings and assignments, including:
- Lead teacher in an early childhood setting
- Pre-K or preschool teacher
- Head Start program specialist
- Paths to Quality* advisor
- Early childhood curriculum specialist
- Early childhood technical assistant specialist
- Early childhood administrator or director
- Home-based service provider
- Professional development coordinator
- Instructor or trainer in early childhood education
- Child, family, and school social workers
- Teacher assistant or para-educator
Our bachelor’s degree can also prepare you for a master’s degree or other advanced degree.
*Paths to Quality is Indiana’s statewide rating system for early care and education programs.
What You Will Learn
The bachelor's degree in early childhood education is designed to give you competencies in:
Promoting Child Development and Learning
You will learn to create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging for all children.
Building Family and Community Relationships
You will understand and value the importance and complex characteristics of children’s families and communities to create respectful, reciprocal relationships that support and empower families.
Observing, Documenting, and Assessing to Support Young Children and Families
You will gain experience in systematic observations, documentation, and other effective assessment strategies to positively influence children’s development and learning.
Teaching and Learning
You will integrate your professional knowledge and your relationships with children and families to design, implement, and evaluate experiences that promote positive development and learning for all children.
Becoming a Professional
You will learn about ethical guidelines and other professional standards related to early childhood practice and how to become an informed advocate for sound educational practices and policies.