Many professional careers require a class or two in the psychology of learning or development to give insights into how to serve clients, patients, or students. However, the way to advance a career in a service field such as education, health care, criminal justice, social work and beyond is to gain a full awareness of the people you serve.
This 15-credit, completely online program is designed to give professionals who work with children, adolescents, or adults more insight into human development, learning, and motivation. The deeper knowledge base you gain through this program can help you move from a career in delivering services to a career in designing services.
This 15-credit program requires the completion of five courses:
Required Courses (6 credits)
- EDPS 600 Advanced Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- EDPS 606 Human Learning and Achievement Motivation (3 credits)
Choose 3 of the following (9 credits)
- EDPS 604 Social Development (3 credits)
- EDPS 607 Global Perspectives on Child Development (3 credits)
- EDPS 627 Child Development (3 credits)
- EDPS 628 Adolescent Development (3 credits)
- EDPS 629 Adult Development and Aging (3 credits)
You may also apply these courses to a master's degree in educational psychology, and they count as electives in other master’s degree programs throughout the university.
For a complete list of program requirements and courses, see the course catalog.
More about Online Learning
Ready to Apply?
Are you interested in our program? Then it’s time to apply!
Want to Learn More?
Do you have questions about this program or online learning? We’re here to help! You may request more information using our online form, or feel free to reach out directly to one of our staff.
Request Info Contact Us