We recognize the importance of practical learning opportunities by offering credit to students involved in supervised, on-the-job experiences in media-related industries. Credit may be earned for on-the-job experience at an approved off-campus media facility.
Credits You may Earn
- Freshmen and sophomores—1-2 credits
- Juniors and seniors—1-6 credits
- No student may earn more than a total of 6 credits
Internship credit is only available to students with a declared concentration in the Department of Media.
How to Enroll
All internships and MDIA 391 enrollments must be approved by Sonny Wingler, the department internship coordinator. To enroll, follow the following steps:
- Find an internship. Not sure where to start? See the How to Find an Internship section below.
- Fill out the internship application posted in the Media Canvas Community under the Internships module.
- Return the form to Sonny Wingler. You can send it via email, drop it by his office, or put it in his mailbox in BC 201.
How to Find an Internship
Not sure where to find an internship? Here are a few places to start:
Also, consider the work you admire. Who created it? Check out those companies’ websites and look under their “Careers” or “About Us” links. Don’t see an internship posted? Email the company to inquire.
Contact the Ball State University Career Center and ask to speak with Media’s career coach. Media's career coach can help with your internship search, including polishing your resume and cover letter.
Have additional questions? Contact instructor Sonny Wingler, the department’s internship coordinator.