Are you interested in our Master of Landscape Architecture program? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Apply by February 15 to receive full consideration for a Graduate Assistantship (GA), otherwise no later than two weeks before the start of the semester.
Before You Begin...
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have earned a minimum of a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Applicants whose GPA is less than 3.0 may be considered for admission with probationary status. See Ball State’s equal opportunity and affirmative action policy.
Our program does not require you to take the GRE.
Notes about GA positions
To apply for a GA position, simply select “YES” during the online application process when asked if you wish to be considered for a GA position.
Due to resource limitations, GA positions are typically very competitive.
We consider qualified applicants for the following financial aid options:
- One-time scholarships. These typically vary in amount between $500 and $1,000, are usually offered on a first-come first-served basis, and are not guaranteed to be available in any given year.
- Half Graduate Assistantship (GA) position that comes with a generous stipend, 50% tuition waiver, and an obligation to work 10 hours per week supervised by a faculty/staff member. Students with a half GA would be billed the Indiana-resident rate for the remainder of tuition not paid by their GA position.
- Full Graduate Assistantship (GA) position for highly-qualified applicants that comes with a generous stipend, 100% tuition waiver, and an obligation to work 20 hours per week supervised by a faculty/staff member.
You will be asked to upload the following materials during the online application process.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Transcripts from accredited degree-granting institution of higher education
- English Proficiency Test Scores (applicable mainly to international students as described in the section above)
- Cover letter (letter of intent)
Expresses your interest in pursuing the Master of Landscape Architecture with us and describe what sets you apart and your potential for success
- Portfolio of creative and/or design works
This may include but not be limited to environmental design drawings (e.g., plans, sections, perspectives, etc.), built works (e.g., models, landscapes, etc.), art (e.g., paintings, sketches, sculpture, etc.), graphic designs (e.g., marketing, advertising, publishing, etc.), and writing samples (e.g., work reports, academic term papers, essays, etc.)
Ready to begin? Apply now.
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fee (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- Ball State student currently enrolled in classes or alumni
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
- prospective student who attended a Ball State graduate program information session
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application. When selecting "I attended an information session" option in the fee waiver section of the application, list the information session title and date.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.