We know graduate work is a significant commitment of resources. We offer a number of graduate assistantships annually to qualified students in the master of landscape architecture program.
These assistantships include special stipends and tuition waivers. Assistantships also provide you with valuable work experience while you complete your course work (dedicated fees still apply).
You may serve in a variety of areas within the department or the college, including:
- support for individual faculty research
- assistance in a specific course area
- the Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning Guest Lecture Series
- the computer graphics lab
- other opportunities
Assistantships are available for one or two semesters and can be either full or half.
Students receive a stipend and 100% remission of tuition for up to 30-credit hours/year.
Students receive a stipend and 50% remission of tuition for up to 30-credit hours/year.
How to Apply
You may indicate your interest in a graduate assistantship within your admission letter. Assistantships are usually distributed in the spring and fall.
Graduate assistantships are awarded to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- highest possible quality skills
- ability to support the needs and goals of the department and the college
- ability and interest level to support faculty in an area of research or professional study
record of previous high-quality performance in program-related academic and/or professional experiences
minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or approval from the Graduate Assistantship Committee (GAC) if the student's GPA is below 3.0
For more information, please contact us.