Two full-time academic advisors in the Honors College specialize in working with our students.

After your freshman year, you are assigned primary advisors in the department of your major; however, you will still find the honors advisors knowledgeable and helpful for complex needs. Your honors advisor will remain assigned to you throughout your undergraduate studies.

You should visit or contact your honors advisor at least once per semester. In some curricula, you may substitute alternative courses for required ones with the approval of your major department and the Honors College.

Meet with Your Advisor

You can contact our advisors, Amanda Ballenger and Sarah Haley.

You may also call the Honors College at 765-285-1024 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through academic year and 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the summer) with questions or to get an appointment with an advisor or dean.

Tools and Resources

Honors College Schedule of Classes

You should begin planning your schedule at least one week before course registration begins. You may want to use a scheduling worksheet to help you plan your classes. Take note of the Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) for your classes; you will need these when you register.

Your time ticket tells you when you can begin registering for classes; you can view your time ticket through Self-Service Banner (SSB), just make sure you enter the correct term. Registration is live, so you will find out immediately if you are registered for those courses or if there are any issues with the courses your selected. If there are issues, you can resolve them immediately.

MyBSU—Self Service Banner

  • View your current schedule.
  • Look up and order your textbooks.
  • Change your schedule (add or drop classes).
  • See the current term’s final exam schedule.

Your DegreeWorks

DegreeWorks will show you all the classes required for your combination of majors, minors, core, and honors. It also shows you your current progress, course exceptions or substitutions, and which classes you have already completed or still need to take.

You can access DegreeWorks through the “Student” tab of Self Service Banner.

Update Mailing Address

Change your local and home contact information at MyBSU.