Understand the family context and how it affects children develop and flourish. Our minor in family engagement is ideal for you if you want to provide services to family members or families as a whole.
Majors that Work Well with this Minor
This minor is great for anyone majoring in:
(The minor could also work well with other majors, but students in our Family and Child program or the FCS Education program are not eligible to pursue this minor.)
Total Credits: 15
- ECYF 250 Family Relations (3 credits)
- ECYF 380 Parenting (3 credits)
- ECYF 393 Presentations, Practices, and Techniques for Family Life Education (3 credits)
- ECYF 394 Family Services Administration (3 credits)
- ECYF 484 Family Stressors and Crises (3 credits)
For a complete list of all the courses you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.
For the possibility of completing this minor 100% online by substituting main campus courses for online ECYF family focused courses, contact the Department of Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Studies.
How to Enroll
If you’re interested in pursuing declaring this minor, please visit the Advising Center.