F Visa Information

We are experts in the rules and regulations for F-1 students. We advise our F-1 students how they can maintain their legal student status while at studying at Ball State.

J Visa Information

We advise our J-1 students, assisting them to maintain legal, lawful status while at Ball State and ensure they are able to qualify for the maximum number of benefits from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Academic Advising

The Rinker Center is here to help guide and connect you with the appropriate academic advisor and advising center throughout the process.

Health Requirements and Insurance

Maintaining your health and wellness is an important priority for all. One of the best ways to do stay healthy is to understand your health responsibilities and options here in the U.S. and at Ball State University. We have organized an extensive array of resources to assist you in staying healthy while you are a student here.


This section covers the kinds of employment that students with F-1 and J-1 visas may be eligible to apply for. It also contains information on related topics such as Social Security cards, taxes, and Career Center resources. For more information on any of these topics, please make an appointment at the Rinker Center to meet with an international student advisor.

Tax Information

US Tax Returns are filed annually in the spring for money earned during the previous tax year. Even F and J visa holders, including dependents, who did not earn income in the previous year must file tax forms. This section includes tax resources for students and scholars who earned income and for students and scholars who did not earn income during the previous year.