The 1,600-square-foot Integrative Exercise Physiology Laboratory (IEPL) is housed in the Health and Physical Activities Building.
The laboratory is equipped to assess numerous physiological, biochemical, psychological, and metabolic responses to exercise and adaptations to regular exercise training.
- metabolic measurement system (ParvoMedics TrueOne 2400)
- treadmill/ECG stress testing system
- electromagnetic cycle ergometer (Lode Excalibur Sport)
- various mechanically braked leg and arm cycle ergometers (Monark)
Biological Sample Processing, Storage, and Analysis:
- centrifuges, refrigerators, -80-degree ultrafreezer
- coagulometer (Start4, Diagnostica Stago)
- microplate reader (ELX800™, BioTek Instruments)
- pH meter (Oakton Instruments)
Noninvasive Assessment of Vascular and Autonomic Function:
- rapid cuff inflator (Hokanson)
- tilt table
- laser doppler flowmetry unit (Perimed AB)
- hemodynamic monitor (Finapres NOVA)
- whole body heating/cooling circulator
We also have an assortment of computer equipment for data collection and analysis.