Receive assistance in creative more inclusive and excellent classroom instruction through Inclusive Pedagogy Seminar.
The seminar, open to all Ball State University faculty, is four two-hour meetings over eight days with “homework” between each meeting. Participants produce plans for innovations they will implement during the subsequent academic year.
- Multiple intersecting cultural axes of privilege/Discontinuous unity of oppression
- EXERCISE: Diversity axes
- Diversity as bodies and stories
- Distribution of cognitive authority
- Self-identification vs. Identification from others
- Access/Universal design
- Integrated course design, the role of learning objectives in pedagogical choice-making
- Controlled failure
- Formative feedback
- Deliberative practice
- Intrinsic rewards
- EXERCISE: Gerunds
Present initial idea to colleagues, then give and receive feedback.
Faculty are invited to partake in trainings and workshops provided by the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and the Office of Inclusive Excellence to strengthen our community and improve the campus and classroom experience. Learn more.
To sign up for the seminar or for more information, email the Office of Inclusive Excellence.