Hosted by the Division of Online and Strategic Learning, Ball State University
Friday, March 19, 2021
9:30 a.m.—5 p.m.
Location: Online via Zoom
Connect and collaborate with your faculty peers from across Indiana. We will explore outstanding examples of teaching and encourage faculty members to create new alliances for improved learning outcomes.
Kelly Hogan, PhD
Viji Sathy, PhD
Dr. Kelly Hogan and Dr. Viji Sathy are award-winning instructors with a combined 25+ years in the classroom at the University of North Carolina. They are passionate about student success, equity, and inclusion in the classroom. They have expertise on inclusive techniques and active learning in any size crowd, because both teach courses routinely with hundreds of students.
On their campus, they lead innovative classroom and diversity administrative initiatives that benefit all students, faculty, and staff. Both have been featured experts in the Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) Course on Teaching Effectiveness, have been active in the scholarship of teaching and learning in their respective disciplines of biology and statistics, and their work has been featured in a number of national publications such as The Chronicle of Higher Education and the New York Times.
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Early Bird Event, Laughter Yoga with Cindy Cash, of Ball State University
- 10:00 - 10:45 a.m. Words from Ball State’s Provost, LEAP Leadership, and Conference Orientation
- 10:45 - 12:00 p.m. Cultivating Equitable Learning Environments through Inclusive Teaching, workshop with Dr. Kelly Hogan and Dr. Viji Sathy
- 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. Lunch Break
- 12:45 - 1:30 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Panel: Strategies for Inclusive Teaching
- Lightning Round: Faculty Learning Communities
- 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. Brain Break/Visit the Networking Room/Iron Chef Preparation
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Iron Chef Pedagogy Competition
- 3:00 - 3:15 p.m. Brain Break
- 3:15 - 4:00 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Warm and Cold Syllabi Language
- Panel: Lessons Learned from COVID-19
- 4:00 - 4:30 p.m. Closing Remarks and Iron Chef Winner Celebration
- 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. Virtual Happy Hour/Networking