Motor Pool Overview
Motor Pool provides vehicles to authorized BSU approved drivers for official campus business. Several different types of vehicles are available for rental. Motor Pool request are filled on a first-come-first serve basis. If University Motor Pool vehicles are not available, we will do our best to work with our vendors to meet your needs.
- Service and Stores Building, Door #5 (3401 N. Tillotson Ave.)
- 7 am to 5 pm M-F
- 7 am to 4 pm M-F, Summer
The Reservation Process
The process to rent a vehicle just takes a few steps:
- Contact your departments travel coordinator to start the reservation process.
- Chrome River pre-approval is required for your reservation prior to departure.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the reservation number and date/time of your scheduled pickup. If your departure is not during office hours please contact our office to make other arrangements.
Picking up a Vehicle
- All Motor Pool vehicles are located at 3401 N. Tillotson Ave., Door #5. For your convenience we have two Motor Pool 5-minute parking spaces located just outside our office at Door #5.
- We will provide instructions if you need to pick up your vehicle outside our office hours.
- Please make sure that you are on time picking up your vehicle. If you are running late, or coming in early, please inform the Motor Pool Office so we can accommodate yours and others’ vehicle needs.
- Users are required to show a valid driver’s license and sign for keys
- When you pick up your vehicle, we will go over information about how to drop off your vehicle and fueling procedures. We will also answer any questions you may have.
- Parking is available in the Motor Pool customer lot, and a BSU parking permit is needed. If you do not have a parking permit please let us know at the time of pickup.
- Drivers are responsible for paying all parking fines, traffic violations, tolls or fees, any ticket or bill sent to the Motor Pool will be forwarded to your department.
Returning a Vehicle
- Please notify our office if your return time is significantly later than requested.
- You can return your vehicle to the Motor Pool parking lot anytime -24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Park the vehicle in the designated space in the Motor Pool lot; lock vehicle doors; and return keys, credit card and paperwork, to the office or key drop box.
- Record return date, time and mileage on Motor Pool Travel Sheet and place fuel receipts in the key case.
- If you have any vehicle conditions to report (for mechanical issues, damage, ect.) and the office is not open these can be made on the Motor Pool Travel Sheet or by email.
- The Motor Pool is not responsible for items left in vehicles.
Changing or Cancelling a Reservation
- Any changes or cancellations can be requested through your travel coordinator.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time to avoid incurring a late cancellation fee.
Motor Pool Reservation System
The Motor Pool Reservation System is utilized only by the travel delegate. The travel delegate is responsible for inputting all Fleet Commander profiles. All approved university drivers must have a Fleet Commander Profile to drive for university business. Fleet Commander is used to house all approved drivers as well as to request Motor Pool vehicle rentals.
BSU Trip Calculator
You can also use our Trip Calculator to help determine your costs.
Passenger Van 2
Penske Rental 16'
Penske Rental 26'
Van ADA compliant