Dedicated on November 20, 1952, to honor Lemuel A. Pittenger, former president of Ball State Teacher's College, the L.A. Pittenger Student Center is a historical building on campus. The L.A. Pittenger Student Center is a multipurpose facility for students, faculty, staff, and the Muncie community. Its purpose is to create an environment that encourages out-of-classroom experiences and to provide a gathering place for the campus.
The Student Center includes recreation areas and equipment, dining facilities, hotel accommodations, and other services to meet the needs of the university.
Opportunities abound for involvement with various boards, committees, and 20 student organizations that call the Student Center home. The University Program Board is responsible for coordinating many of the student-directed activities that take place in the building. The Late Nite @ Ball State series, funded originally by the Lilly Endowment, offers a multitude of activities throughout the building on Saturday nights.
Through the years and changes, the L.A. Pittenger Student Center has not lost sight of its focus: the students.
Unaccompanied Minors Policy
Student Center Banner Policy
Banners may only be hung in the Student Center Tally Area following the procedures below.
- Banners must be professionally made on canvas, vinyl, or approved plastic material.
- No homemade banners will be accepted.
- All banners should have a grommet in each corner as well as grommets every 2 feet.
- Banners can be no more than 48 inches vertically.
- Banners can be no more than 8 feet horizontally.
- Reservations are on a first come/first serve basis.
- There are only six available spaces for banners in the Tally.
- Banners will be reserved weekly and limited to (1) week unless the space is available and approved by Student Center Reservation Office.
- Banner content will be approved through the Student Center Reservation Office.
A PDF or JPEG document will need to be sent to email@example.com
Space can be reserved through Natah Hughes @ 285-1850 firstname.lastname@example.org
The name of the sponsoring organization must appear on the banner.
- All banners will be discarded (5) days after they are taken down if not picked up in the Reservations Office.
- Only approved Student Center Staff can/will put up and remove banners from approved locations.
1. University Catering (UC) is the exclusive catering service for the Student Center. Organizations and/or University departments providing any type of refreshment(s), and/or meal, for their event/meeting in the facility are required to utilize UC. Using any other catering service, or bringing in their own food/drink, is prohibited and could result in loss of privileges.
2. The food court will not be able to deliver food and/or drinks in the Student Center.
3. This policy applies to meeting rooms, lounges and other public spaces.