Withdrawal from All Classes

Effective Fall 2018, the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services has designated the Office of Retention and Graduation as the office to provide services to students who find it necessary to withdraw from all courses during a semester/term, who are registered for main campus or a mix of main campus and online courses. If you find withdrawal necessary, immediately contact the Office of Retention and Graduation, SC L-20, 765-285-3312. You can also find more information on withdrawing from all classes here.

Please note that students who withdraw may still be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees for the semester.

Title IX: Accommodations for Pregnancy and Related Conditions

Ball State does not discriminate against any student on the basis of pregnancy or related conditions.  Absences due to medical conditions relating to pregnancy will be excused for as long as deemed medically necessary by a student's doctor and students will be given the opportunity to make up missed work. Students needing assistance may contact the Associate Dean of Students/Title IX Coordinator (Mrs. Katie Slabaugh, 765.285.1545).

Title IX: Sexual Harassment

Student-on-student sexual harassment (including sexual violence) and sexual harassment directed toward a student by a university employee or other representative of the university violate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Ball State will not tolerate sexual harassment and violence toward students. Our office is responsible for responding to complaints in a prompt, thorough, and impartial manner. We are committed to Title IX education and prevention efforts so we can all enjoy a safe and respectful campus. Contact: Katie Slabaugh, Associate Dean of Students/Title IX Coordinator, AD 238, 765-285-1545. For more information, visit Step In. Speak Up. 

Dispute Resolution

We provide issue and dispute resolution for students who experience challenges or conflicts with a university policy, procedure, or decision. Please contact us if you:

  • are unsure of the policies and resources that may apply to your situation
  • feel a policy or procedure has been applied unfairly
  • want to discuss a sensitive issue and evaluate your options
  • wish to make a complaint about a university office or service

We will not serve as an advocate for you in the dispute. Our role is to facilitate fair resolution of problems. Often, referrals are made to qualified university staff members who have experience and/or expertise in the specific concern or dispute.