The Parents and Families Advisory Council assists the university in meeting its mission by fostering engagement between the University and parents, families, guardians, and supporters of all Ball State Students.
- advise university administrators on issues of concern and interest to parents, families, guardians and supporters
- identify and cultivate support for the university among family, friends, and fans
- help raise money for the Parents Fund and make recommendations for allocating money from the fund to one or more of the following programs:
- The Jack Beyerl Student Emergency Aid Fund, which provides financial assistance to Ball State student who experience accidents, illnesses, financial hardships, or other emergency situations that jeopardize their education
- Late Nite, a popular weekend activities program that offers students safe and alcohol-free entertainment and ways to spend their free time away from their studies
- University scholarships, which are offered to students who have not received other private scholarships but who have demonstrated leadership abilities
The Parents and Families Advisory Council awards scholarships to recognize students for past leadership contributions and future potential as a leader.
The scholarship application and selection processes are coordinated by the Office of Student Life. Typically, applications are completed in the Spring - and awards are made for the next academic year.
To be eligible, students must have at least a 3.0 grade point average and not be a recipient of a Presidential, Whitinger, or Emens scholarships and meet financial aid eligibility.
How to Join
We invite parents, family members, guardians, and supporters of currently enrolled students who want to be part of a growing community of people who support Ball State, to consider joining the Parents and Families Advisory Council.
In selecting council members, we work to balance many factors, including students' hometowns, academic majors, and the members' willingness to participate in regular meetings and other activities. We also strive to include families with divers interest and backgrounds.
Parent and Families Advisory Council Members
Saint Joseph, MI
John and Elaina Foster
Oak Park, IL
Rebecca MooreJenice Myers
Indianapolis, INTracy Nasser
Lewis Center, OH
Ft Wayne, IN
Orange Village, OH
Fort Wayne, IN
To learn more about the council, please email us.