The Department of Public Safety offers free assistance to anyone encountering vehicle problems on campus.
Ball State police officers and other public safety personnel will assist stranded motorists with the following services:
- jumping dead batteries (not provided for vehicles owned by Ball State)
- unlocking vehicle doors
- inflating tires (autos and bicycles)
- providing transportation to buy gas
- offering de-icer for frozen door locks
- providing a shovel and abrasives for vehicles stuck on ice or snow
Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Participating motorists must sign a waiver releasing the University from any liability in the event of vehicle damage.
Hours of Operation
Fall & Spring Semesters
- Sunday – 6 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Monday – 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Tuesday – 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Wednesday – 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Thursday – 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Friday – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday – 4 to 11 p.m.
- Monday – 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Tuesday – 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Wednesday – 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Thursday – 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Call the University Police Department at 765-285-1111.
Questions or Concerns?
Not finding what you’re looking for or have a concern? Fill out our online form, and we will get back to you. Or if you’d rather speak to someone directly, call or email us.
Send Question or Comment Contact Us