Learning Management Systems (LMS), such as Canvas, are being used in more Ball State courses than ever before.
Please consider whether the material you add to Canvas is accessible to all students. If you record lectures or have video content, check to see if captions are included. Please purchase captioned materials whenever possible. If you use a digital textbook, check with the vendor to make sure that it is screen reader compatible.
If a student needs extended time for an exam, follow the instructions below:
- Login to the Canvas course page
- Select Quizzes from the left panel.
- Select the quiz to be edited
- In the upper-right corner, click “Moderate This Quiz.”
- Locate the student to be given additional time and then select the “Pencil/Edit” button near the student name.
- Enter the number of minutes of additional time in the box for extra time
- Click the save button.
For assistance, please contact Joel Whitesel.
Additionally, a good practice would be to make sure any announcements posted to Canvas are also emailed to students.
You may also provide these announcements out loud in class if used in an on-campus course.